Monday, September 2, 2013

Movie review "You're Next"



Last week I went to see....


I did not know if I was going to watch this movie, it was more of a rock, paper, scissors type of decision; but I'm glad I watched it!

The movie is about a family reunion at a house in which a home invasion occurs. A lot of people seem to be comparing it to 'The Strangers' (2008).
I can see why people compare it so much, the two obvious reasons are
a) horror movie about a home invasion
b) those creepy ass masks they seem to be wearing.
Despite their similarities 'The Strangers' has a bit more horror to it compared to 'You're Next'


'You're Next' was more suspense/thriller of a movie. It was thrilling, and had a lot of black humor throughout. The acting was sketchy and the camera was way too zoomed in at some points, but the movie overall was better than 'The Strangers'. It is actually a very good movie and I enjoyed watching it.
It isn't the best horror movie out there 'The Conjuring' seems to take that spot, but this movie is one of top three movies out.



Erin, was the main lead in this film played by Sharni Vinson who was the woman that swept me off of my feet. She was a total bad-ass motherfucker! She was the one that stayed calm and decided to fight back because she knew a bit of survival tips from her father. She was funny, quirky, smart and fast and captivated the audience throughout the film. 


The end of the movie is a plot twist, I don't want to ruin it for anyone that decides to watch. Overall the movie is a success in my book and hopefully more people watch it because it is worth it. 

One more thing, this ad is very cool too.....



Let me know what you think of the movie if you saw it.
Also let me know your expectations of the movie if you didn't see it!
Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment